- Hits: 1511
Need someone to talk to urgently?
Life is a journey with many challenges. Each challenge provides opportunities to learn and grow.Each of us faces different experiences in life, but the opportunities that come from these problems will give us unique and individual strengths and skills.
Finding information can help to see an issue more clearly.
Links, Organisations and Information
- Being happy - Learn to be optimistic, Think positive, Stay healthy, Connect with Others, Be interested and Curious.
- Being happy for primary kids - A link to a great site. (Kids only - Being Happy)
- Basic Human Needs - William Glasser and other psychologist have tried to list the needs we have to be happy. It is useful to look at in what ways are needs are being met and in what areas we can add to our lives.
- Balanced Life - Enjoy a range of activities, every day
Help with Major Challenges
- Managing anxiety - Some simple tips. Some websites: http://www.reachout.com.au
The BRAVE program for Children and Adolescents is being offer by the University of QLD in 2007. http://www.psy.uq.edu.au/webexp/kidscoping
- Managing depression- The National depression initiative can be found at http://www.beyondblue.org.au/. The website contains useful information and resources. Kids in Mind ? Help for children with depression, anxiety or other related issues. http://www.kidsinmind.org.au/
- Dealing with conflict - Some simple ways to help solve a conflict.
- Parenting- http://www1.triplep.net/
- Protective Behaviours- A program to teach kids to stay safe
- Relationships- Wide range of services. Relationships Australia (QLD) offers a comprehensive range of services and skills: http://www.relationships.com.au/
- Parenting Teenagers - Understanding why they act that way?
- Managing Young Children's Behaviour- Is an intensive programme for families and their young children up to the age of seven. That gives practical learning experience in developing positive relationships.
Adolescents - Staying Safe - A sight for adolescents to think about personal health issues. (Not suitable for younger children) www.health.qld.gov.au/istaysafe/
- Racism www.racismnoway.com.au/
This site has games and activities to use to overcome racism, and racist ideas.
- Legal Issues- http://www.lawstuff.org.au/lawtopics.asp?state=qld