My name Karin Rissel, School Based Youth Health Nurse at Brisbane School of Distance Education.
This service is a voluntary and confidential service, unless the information is required by law or there is a risk to the young person's safety. Nurses are mandatory reporters of child abuse.
The role of the Youth Health Nurse is to provide an accessible health service to young people which is relevant to their health issues and needs.
This includes working with young people, school staff and parents to;
- Promote health and well being
- Create a supportive, healthy school environment
- Connect people with other services
The Youth Health Nurse can provide health and wellbeing information about;
- Healthy eating and physical activity
- Feeling unhappy or stressed
- Healthy skin
- Personal and family problems
- Growth and development
- Sexual Health
- Smoking, Alcohol and other drugs
(attn: Youth Health Nurse) Karin is available on Alternating Monday’s and every Tuesday and Friday or Phone: 3727 2698