Our school's beginnings were in 1922. In 1989 the Correspondence Pre-School, Primary Correspondence and Secondary Correspondence Schools amalgamated to form Brisbane School of Distance Education (BrisbaneSDE), originally located at 405 Montague Road, West End. As other 'Schools of the Air' within the state were being formed into their own 'Schools of Distance Education' and cutting ties with the Primary Correspondence School at this time, seven Schools of Distance Education were formed, as we know them now. Six of these new schools were based in regional areas across the state.
The new regional SDE's are as follows:
For BrisbaneSDE, this resulted in a drop in students enrolling due to geographic isolation or distance.
Now, BrisbaneSDE is a P-12 State School of distance education and is a leader in the delivery of high quality accredited programs to students across Australia and the world.