Guidance Officers work with:
- BrisbaneSDE students and their families to provide educational, career and personal support.
- BrisbaneSDE teachers with concerns about students' progress or wellbeing.
- BrisbaneSDE staff.
- Personnel in other schools with queries re: how we can help e.g. shared enrolment.
- External organisations to provide support for students at risk.
The Guidance Officers provide guidance and counselling support to schools and their communities so that equity is achieved in educational access, participation and outcomes for all students. They assist in supporting schools and their communities in developing supportive school environments to enable students to engage in learning. Guidance and counselling support includes both direct service delivery to students and their families and indirect service delivery to schools through consultation, collaboration and the provision of in-service and professional development programs.
Contact the team: Guidance.Enquiries@brisbanesde.eq.edu.au
Having a career to aspire to is an important part of who you are. Literacy, numeracy, achieving academically, and social and emotional wellbeing, are important factors for success. However, the missing part of the jigsaw of life is knowing your career. This gives you a purpose for coming to school and an understanding of the importance of learning.
- Become aware of your strengths.
- Investigate your interests.
- Use your interests to match suitable careers.
- Develop a career pathway to prepare you for further studies, work and lifelong learning.
The Guidance Officer has prepared the following activities for you to start thinking about the career for you.
Career Planning Program (PDF, 1.9MB)